This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.
Irrespective of your state, being a resident of America, getting a passport in hurry requires you to expedite your passport application. Expedited service is available for a little fee of additional $60 along with your standard passport application fee.
Passport renewal in Los Angeles requires you to know some important facts and those are,
When you require an expedited service
- If you need the passport immediately, for a life and death emergency, you may ask for an expedited service. Visit the ‘Life and Death Emergencies’ for more detail.
- You may request for an expedited service if you need the passport in less than 2 to 3 weeks either for traveling within 2 weeks or for a foreign visa required within 4 weeks. For this, you need to contact a passport agency or a center of your respective state.
- Expedited service can be received in case you require the passport in less than 6 weeks for whatsoever purposes. You can ask for a expedite renewal through mail. You can also go for an acceptance facility.
If you need the passport in more than 6 weeks for whatsoever reason, you don’t need to go for an expedited service. Simply apply for your passport at an acceptance facility. You can also renew by mail.
How to apply for expedited passport at a passport center or agency
- First, you need to make an appointment to apply at any passport center or agency of your state by calling at 1-888-874-7793 or 1-877-487-2778.
- Now fill in the application form and collect supporting documents such as identification proof, citizenship proof or relationship proof according to the form you’re using.
- You’ll need a 2” x 2” recent color passport photograph.
- Calculate the passport fees. It is not constant and depends on several various factors.
- And finally submit your application.
Expedite renewal by mail
To avail this service, you need Form DS-82 to be mailed in. However, you need to check out whether or not you’ll qualify to use this form. Moreover, you can’t use this form at an acceptance facility.
- Fill in your passport renewal form and collect required supportive documents.
- Include $60 additionally as expedite fee along with standard application fee.
- Prominently mark ‘EXPEDITE’ on outer cover of the envelope.
- You can opt for faster shipping of the application against extra charges.
Expedite at any acceptance center
To be entitled for this service, you need to fill up form DS – 11.
- Fill up the expedite passport application and collect supportive documents
- Make sure you include $60 as expedite fee to standard passport application charge.
- Now find an acceptance center in your locality to turn in the application and required fees. Be sure to contact the center before visiting to know whether or not you require an appointment.
- You can opt for faster shipping of the application.
Optional overnight faster shipping service
This optional service won’t impact the normal processing time for application. It only impacts the time an application and passport spent in the mail.
You can choose from any of the two shipment options –
- Delivery to us – You can purchase your overnight delivery option at a passport acceptance facility or a post office for quicker shipment of your application. The price depends on the area of your residence.
- Return to you – It requires you to add $15.45 more as overnight delivery service charge along with standard passport fee through check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State.
These are the nitty-gritty associated with getting an expedited passport Los Angeles faster.
Irrespective of whether it’s your hundredth trip or your first trip, it is always useful to have a list of all the items which you need to pack. This is called the travel checklist and once you bookmark this packing list, you can look back at it time and again whenever you travel abroad or within your country. Unless you ensure that you’ve brought everything that you need on your trip, you may unnecessarily end up wasting money on things which you already had stacked up in your home. The concerns of this article will tell you about some travel checklist that you may follow when you travel abroad.
- Gather vital travel documents, credit cards, cash etc.
The foremost step to take is to start off by collecting some of the most important travel documents that should be kept in your travel organizer. It should comprise of your passport, seven credit cards, ID proof, documents, coins, a boarding pass and definitely a pen. Your personal ID or student ID (if you’re a student), frequent flyer cards, loyalty program cards, credit cards and cash, health insurance documents, reservation and itineraries, travel insurance info, transportation tickets, tour and hotel contact info, important addresses and emergency contacts are some of the other things to take care of.
- Prepare a carry-on bag where you stack up your personal items
The very next thing that you need to do is to make a personal item carry bag which will include any little thing that you may need in the flight. Always make sure you have one or two outfits and some essential toiletries there in your personal item bag. This will help you manage in case your luggage is lost. In case you plan to travel to multiple destinations, this bag should have enough things to make you cozy during bus rides, boat and train. Don’t make it too heavy as you got to carry this bag with you always.
- Wisely select the main luggage
Whatever kind of trip you’re planning, travel experts always recommend luggage which is versatile, light and spacious enough to hold all the things. Therefore the most vital decision that you need to make while choosing the luggage is to find out a piece which is versatile and which is also smart and easy to carry. A bag which has an option to roll will help you if you’re planning to switch from one airport to another.
- Organize your belongings systematically
When you have various activities and different types of gear to pack in your luggage, make sure you keep each and everything organized in the best possible way. Using packing organizers is one of the best things that you can do when you’re packing your bags for a trip abroad. You will find it easy to get from one place to another when you have a suitcase which has been organized with packing organizers.
Therefore, if you’re planning a trip to some of your favorite destination, try to follow the above mentioned travel packing tips to make the entire experience convenient and enjoyable.
We can start this short discourse on a positive note by conveying news which will help many a reader. People who have submitted photos with glasses can now change their respective photographs for their passports without paying the application fees again as per the latest rules. There are many other changes which you need to be informed about especially if you belong to one of the 49 million Americans whose passports are on the verge of expiry. The following part of the discussion would help you in understanding the changes in the latest updates of the federal law in relation to your passports.
- Renew your passports at the earliest: – The year 2007 saw a surge in the applications for passport as from that time onwards it was made clear that an American would require a passport to visit countries like Canada, Mexico and even the Caribbean. As such, you can well assume that there will be another surge in applications for passports as most of the people had opted for a 10 year passport at that point in time.
- Changes in REAL ID haven’t been good for all: – As the inmates of certain states have still not received their changed REAL ID, the one with a machine readable data-chip, the earlier ID will not make them eligible for a visit within the country as well. As such, this makes another reason for a surge in the passport applications throughout the country. This gives you another reason to go for your passport or renew it with immediate effect.
- New security features in the passport: – The new passport will have extended security features just like the new REAL ID. There will be a data chip which will contain all information regarding the holder of the passport. Then, the passport will be a lot lighter as well because instead of a 52 pages one the new passport will contain only 28 pages. It will contain more pages only if you require them.
- Beware of your child’s passport: – Whenever you are looking forward to act on your passport and you are planning to travel abroad with your family, the first and foremost thing that you require to do is to cross-check the passport of your child. You need to be aware of the fact that a child passport is valid only for 5 years. Apart from that they require a lot of additional paperwork like a proof of parent-child relationship and also a parental consent form. Thus, one must be careful regarding that.
As such, the latest revisions in the regulations mean that you not only need to be aware of the validity of your passport but also keep in mind that there is an upcoming surge in the applications in 2017. But, you needn’t worry regarding all these issues that much particularly if you are located at Orlando. The passport office Orlando, FL is omnipresent to help you in issues related to your passport. All you need to do is to contact that passport agency Orlando and relate your problem to them. They will in return forward the case to the Orlando Passport Office who will get your passport applied for and provided to you or even renewed within the due date as per your requirements.